Monday, March 14, 2011

Why a cooking blog?

I'd like to say I spend the most time outside of work practicing martial arts, gaming, or inventing stuff, but the reality is most of my time is spent in the kitchen.  Why?  Well I have to eat, and since i don't have a car or a lot of money, that means i have to cook.  And after cooking practically daily or every other day you get pretty good at it and you get a lot of new ideas. 

But hey, this isn't just another cooking blog sharing recipes and whatnot!  I say, Nay!  This is cooking from an engineer's perspective!  Engineers like to make stuff, and what better way is there to be an engineer than to make tasty edible stuff in the kitchen!   I've frequently found a link between engineering peeps who also like to cook.  But also, this would be cooking from a scientific perspective; understanding the how and why of cooking and spices help you cook better and come up with your own meals instead of blindly following recipes.  (Also, I keep a scientific log book of my cooking experiments)

I hope you will enjoy my adventures in cooking, kitchen hacks, experimental recipes and results!  And check out my older food-related posts on my other hobby blog,  I've got some pretty good stuff there like How many strawberries in a box of cereal?
See all TastyMonkeyBrains food-related posts.

No comments: